World Radio Day
Annually, World Radio day is on the 13th of February. Celebrate World Radio Day with us. Radio is such a powerful platform with a rich history. We listen to our radios in our cars and we have it on just about every media device.
World Radio Day was founded in 1946 by the Director-General of UNESCO. A day dedicated to the awareness that radio is important.
Each year World Radio has a theme. This year’s theme is… Turn up the volume on the radio. The theme is ‘Radio and Diversity’. Radio brings about the scene of humanity intercultural competence and citizenship.
Here is a list of some of the reasons why radio is just so crucial:
- Radio is totally free. A free source of entertainment and information.
- There are several genres with different styles to pick from.
- Radio is easy to stream. It can be streamed anywhere in the world.
- Radio is a source of information. With news, traffic and sport we are spoilt rotten.
- You can listen to radio in your car and multitask.