Is there a better way to start the day than buttered toast? Of course not. Maybe because it tastes sooo good. Or maybe because it’s the kind of “recipe” that requires next to no thinking.
No matter what type of bread you prefer, its beauty lies in the contrast between the crunchy exterior and soft interior. But perhaps the best way to enjoy bread – especially store-bought white bread – is toasted.
Toasting bread is an art and a science – quite literally when it comes to the latter.
While many of us use the toaster to toast bread as it’s inexpensive and efficient, you can toast your bread in an oven or on a stovetop.
With an imminent shortage of avocados on the horizon, we’re turning our attention to these other equally delicious toast toppings instead.
- Toast and Peanut Butter and Jam (strawberry or apricot)
- Toast with Peanut Butter and Banana
- Toast with Cheese and Jam
- Toast with curried mince and fried egg
- Toast with scrambled eggs and bacon
- Toast with fried eggs and mushrooms
- Toast with Avo
- Toast with Avo and Mushrooms
- Toast with hummus
- Toast with marmite
- Toast with baked beans