Garlic and Honey Chicken Wings
- 50 split chicken wings
- ¼ cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely diced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Preheat oven. Dab wings with paper towels until completely dry.
Toss wings with flour, salt and pepper. Remove any excess flour and brush with olive oil (or use an olive oil spray).
Line a pan with foil and then place parchment paper on top (you may need 2 pans) and bake 35 minutes turning at 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
Take wings from oven, toss with sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
Allow to cool 10 minutes. As the sauce cools, it thickens. Stir the wings every few minutes to coat in the sauce as it thickens.
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 Kg chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 tablespoon aluminium free baking powder (NOT baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or fresh garlic
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, white sugar or brown sugar
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 230°C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil and set a heat-proof wire rack inside.
Pat dry chicken wings with paper towels, squeezing out as much moisture as you can. Transfer them to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together, whisking well to combine, and sprinkle the mixture over the wings. Toss wings through the baking powder mixture until evenly coated.
Arrange on rack, leaving about 1-inch of space between each wing.
Bake for 30 minutes; flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, (about 20-30 minutes longer), until golden browned and crispy.
While wings are cooking, whisk together hot sauce, butter and sugar. Toss wings through the sauce to evenly coat.
Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing
Barbecue Baked Chicken Wings
for 2 servings
- chicken wings(680 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, or spice mix
- Preheat oven to 250˚F (130˚C).
- Place wings in a large bowl and pat dry.
- Add the baking powder and salt to the wings. Stir to coat.
- Spray a baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and place on top of a foiled sheet pan. Distribute wings evenly on top, making sure none of them touch and they are all face-up.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then increase the temperature to 425˚F (220˚C) and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until wings are crisp and golden. (Do not remove the wings from the oven when increasing temperature.)
- For sauce, combine BBQ sauce and Cajun seasoning in a hot pan.
- Bring to a boil and add wings. Stir to coat the wings.