Today Jenny Morris had chef Jenny Morris Live in studio for her segment of Fooding Around with Jenny Morris. Check out the recipe below.
Serves 4 to 6
• 177g flour
• 1/ 4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 141 g very cold butter, cut into small blocks
• 2 – 4 tablespoons iced water
1. Whisk together flour and all the remaining ingredients, sugar and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add butter and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add water slowly one tablespoon at a time.
4. Press the mixture together and flatten into a round disk and cover in plastic.
5. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
6. Roll the chilled dough out onto a clean floured surface to fit a 23 cm quiches dish.
6. Line the quiche dish with the pastry and bake blind.
7. Cover the base with aluminium foil, pressing against the bottom and sides.
8. Leave the foil to drape over edges of the crust to prevent over-browning.
9. Fill with dry beans, rice or baking beans
10. Now bake in preheated oven 18 minutes.
11. Remove foil and beans.
12. Pierce bottom and sides all over with a fork and continue to bake until crust appears dried, for about 10 minutes longer.
• 5 large eggs
• 1 1/4 cups cream
• 2 whole spring onions chopped
• 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 large onion sliced and cooked in butter
• 1 cup cooked chopped spinach
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
11. Preheat the oven on 180 deg C.
12. In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs and cream together well.
13. Stir in the spring onions, parsley and half the cheddar cheese and season well.
14. Spread the onions onto the base of the pastry and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and spinach .
15. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the tin.
16. Bake in the oven fir 45 minutes or until the centre of the quiche is just set.
17. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with a nice big mixed salad.
Enjoy and tune into Heart Breakfast with Aden, Julian and Tara next week Thursday to see what tasty recipe chef Jenny brings next!