Millions love to indulge in eating crispy and delicious tortilla chips, and that’s why there’s a special day dedicated to the food.
The most common way to eat them among the public is to dip them in a salsa of choice. There are many reasons to love Tortilla Chip Day and to indulge in the snack.
It’s no wonder the popularity among the public has grown so much over the years and that this chip is in high demand. Have fun coming up with new recipes to try with tortilla chips and options for making an upcoming event more memorable by serving one of these many snack ideas.
This mouth-watering recipe is incredibly simple to make, and your friends and family will absolutely rave about the incredible results!
Layered with a crisp tortilla chips, a simple seasoned ground beef and black bean layer, shredded tangy cheese, fresh and flavourful pico de gallo, creamy avocados and rich sour cream. One of the ultimate comfort foods and party foods!
- Tortilla chips – Choose your favourite, plain or seasoned its up to you
- Ground beef / Chicken breasts cut into cubes
- Diced green chillies – finally chopped
- Black beans – 1 can, rinsed
- Corn – 1 can of corn, rinsed
- Garlic and Herb spice
- Barbecue spice
- 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce
- Cheddar Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese – Grated to Sprinkle on top
- Avocado – fresh guacamole is also a great option here.
- Sour cream – plain or flavoured, its up to you
- 2 fresh tomatoes – chopped
- 1 onion – chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place tortilla chips in a large oven dish
- Brown your beef mince : Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add beef, cook and add garlic and herb spice and barbecue spice. Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stir in tomato pasta sauce, black beans, corn and green chillies
- Layer beef mixture and cheeses on nachos: Spoon mixture evenly over chips. Sprinkle both cheeses over ground beef layer.
- Bake: Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add toppings: Top avocados or guacamole. Dollop with sour cream and chopped fresh tomato and onion. Serve immediately.