Originating in Naples, Italy, pizza has become so popular across the world. Why? Because it’s the ultimate in comfort food and it’s never boring! Its delicious and you can add ANY toppings your heart desires!
Pizza can almost always meet your expectations, whether you opt for a classic margarita or reinvented version. Authentic wood-fired ovens really give a unique taste to pizza. However, some pizzerias prefer specialised electric ovens, where cooking conditions remain stable and offer the same carefully tested results every time. No matter what type of cooking method is used, the delicious smell of a pizza straight out of the oven is unmatched in this world. Are you drooling yet?
A deliciously fresh pizza with warm baked dough, salty tomato sauce and gooey cheese is a delight for the senses, perhaps add some chicken, mushrooms and avo and you’ve got a world class pizza!
All ages, all backgrounds, and just about all people have one thing in common – a love for pizza! Pizza tastes good and pizza feels good, which is why it’s widely considered one of the worlds favourite foods.
If you’re craving pizza for dinner tonight, here’s a homemade pizza recipe that you can try!
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon active yeast powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour (self-raising or all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tomato Puree
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the water, sugar and yeast. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes
- Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture and mix together using your hands until the dough forms a silky ball of dough. Knead the dough with your hands a minute and add a little more water if the dough is too dry or a little more flour if the dough is too sticky – add 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes and then roll it outÂ onto a floured work surface and roll it as thin as possible.
- Fold the dough in half and then half again and transfer it quickly to the baking try and unfold again.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 220Â°C
- Take the base out the oven and then add the tomato puree and then the toppings and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and beautifully browned.