Today we celebrate the simplicity of a toasted cheese sandwich, its crispy, hot, gooey and delicious!
Why we love National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
Ultimate comfort food
Grilled cheese sandwiches are easy to make and are the best comfort food on a rainy day! Our moms and grandparents would always have them ready for when we came home from school.
They go well with everything
Grilled cheese goes well with soup, tomato soup to be exact, but any soup will do!
Here’s an easy recipe for Cheese Roll Ups, its grilled cheese with a twist!
- 8 slices white bread, crusts cut off
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Using a rolling pin, flatten bread squares to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place cheese slice on top of each slice of bread, rolling up tightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Working in batches, add roll ups to the pan, cooking until all sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes, adding more butter as needed.
- And serve with a plate crispy chips