When we think of toasted cheese, our mouths instantly start salivating and the hunger pangs come out in full force. Toasted cheese is a tasty treat that is prepared so easily with bread and oozing cheese!
Kick off National Toasted Cheese Day by making one today and enjoying it with a cup of tea or coffee, whether its lunch or dinner, why not? Although we love cheese, you can also get super creative and add whatever you like, perhaps experiment with some spices and a few slices of onion and any meat of your choice, delish!
We love toasted cheese because its super easy and makes for such a great snack, its also super popular all around the world! Here’s a toasted cheese recipe with a twist, give it a try!
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic and herb spice
- Tomato (optional)
- Onion (optional)
- Preheat your pan over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto bottom of the pan and add a mixture of grated cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of garlic and herb spice, thin slices of tomato and thin slices of onion.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of the sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is nice and melted.
- Lift up the sandwich and place extra grated cheddar cheese in the pan and place your sandwich over it till cheese is crispy, flip it over and do the same for the other side.
- Slice in half and serve with tomato sauce, delicious!
[Picture Credit: The Daily Meal]