This week on HeartBreakfast chef Jenny Morris makes Courgette & Pecorino Bake for Aden, Julian and Tara.
How to make to make your own Courgette and Pecorino Bake.
- 4 Tablespoons of oil
- 3 grated garlic cloves
- 3 roughly chopped carrots
- 1 grated potato
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 kg roughly chopped courgettes
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 10 ml of baking powder
- 150g grated zandam pecorino cheese
- 400 ml of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan
3. Add the garlic, carrots, potatoes, onion with the chopped rosemary.
4. Stir and cook the mixture simultaneously for 6 minutes.
5.Add the courgettes and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the butter.
7.Remove the mixture from the heat.
8.In a clean bowl mix together the eggs, flour, baking powder, cheese and milk.
9.Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
10.Spoon the vegetables into a well buttered baking dish.
11. Stir in the egg mixture with the vegetables.
12.Bake the mixture for 35 minutes until golden and set.