Cooking oil to brown meat
pork knuckles (optional)
salt and pepper
carrots, each cut into thick pieces
2 large potatoes, cubed
green beans, halved
baby marrows, each cut into 3 pieces
1 large onions, finely chopped
1 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and diced
2 – 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 – 3 drops Tabasco sauce
15 ml Worcestershire sauce
1 stalk celery, cut into pieces
Coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a little oil in the potjie, add the onions to the pot and brown
- Add all your meat to the pot and brown
- Add a cup of water
- Pour in hot meat stock to almost cover meat.
- Arrange vegetables on top in layers: carrots, potatoes, then green beans.
- Cover with lid and allow to simmer.
- As soon as the potato is almost soft, arrange a layer of baby marrow and then a layer of mushrooms on top.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato to the pot and cook
- Add remaining ingredients, except parsley.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with rice/bread