Woodside Special Care Centre is a residential home caring for 80 profoundly intellectually and physically disabled residents and is situated in Rondebosch East, Cape Town, South Africa. Since its inception in 1976 Woodside has worked diligently towards building a home of safety and security for its residents, all of whom require specialised care and who are unable to remain within their family units.Woodside Special Care Centre – In 2003 Woodside Sanctuary was re-named Woodside Special Care Centre who now not only operates as a residential home but also as a long term rehabilitation facility providing stimulation therapy through the occupational therapy and physiotherapy departments.
The excellent treatment and care of profoundly intellectually disabled residents through:
- the provision by excellent staff of an integrated service of loving and stimulating care
- the protection and empowerment of the residents and their development as individuals
- the support of residents’ families
- the provision of support to profoundly intellectually disabled people and their carers in the broader community
Visit their website and find out how you can support and donate https://www.woodside.org.za
Melanie Brand fromWoodside Special Care Centre was nominated by a good friend Nabeelah Davids, for the outstanding work they are doing within their Community at the centre. JP gave both ladies a call to share some light and support from our special friends at MTN.
A big thank you to our sponsor MTN for coming onboard 16 Days for Youth and donating the following to The Woodside Special Care Centre:
- R10 000 towards groceries
- R10 000 towards toiletries
- R5000 towards clothing
- R1600 sanitary towels courtesy of IAMFORHER
Have a listen to the interview here with these strong women who are creating change within their community and JP Carelse…