Aunty Cathy, started the Belhar Youth Development Forum to provide life skills to the youngsters in Extension 13, Belhar. The organisation assists these little ones with homework, reading, arts crafts and other social activities to not only keep them away from the social ills, but for some it is also a safe haven too.
The Belhar Youth Development Forum started with a community youth garden recently, which will hopefully feed these kids and others during these tough times. They are taught agricultural skills and how to work together as a team. BYDF tries to equip the youth of Belhar, without any funding, totally relying on sponsors, and the management’s contributions.
Ryan O’Connor called Cathleen Du Plessis from BYDF to share some wonderful news with her. A very big THANK YOU to our sponsors who came onboard our 16 Days journey!
- 150 Loaves of bread courtesy of Blue Ribbon
- 1 600 Sanitary towels courtesy of IAMFORHER
- R5 000 food Voucher for ingredients (such as rice, beans, vegetables, sugar, etc.)
- R3 000 towards sporting equipment (soccer balls, soccer pole, etc.)
- R3 000 towards stationery
Have a listen to the interview here: