Just because you don’t have a significant other to cuddle up next to doesn’t mean you can’t commemorate a holiday that honors love.
Not sure what to do? Here are 15 awesome things to do when you’re single on Valentine’s Day:
- Just make plans. Seriously, if you don’t make plans to do something—anything listed here!—you’ll end up home alone. Which could lead you to wallow in loneliness, crying, or eating way too much ice cream. Avoid this scenario and make plans already.
- Host a singles-only dinner party. Invite all your favorite single people and toast to your independence.
- Make chocolate-dipped shortbread hearts. Decorate with pink and purple sprinkles, place in clear cellophane bags tied with pretty velvet ribbon, and gift them to your single friends.
- Treat yourself to a haircut, blowout, beauty treatment, or massage.
- Get out of town. Plan a Valentines Getaway with a friend or family member.
- Cook a romantic dinner for your parents. Set the table, light candles, and open a good bottle of sparkling wine.
- Take yourself out to eat at your favorite restaurant. Sit at the bar and splurge on dessert.
- Bake a chocolate layer cake. Choose a recipe that’s a little more advanced and be proud of yourself when you nail it.
- Book a couples massage with your best friend or a family member.
- Send a heartfelt text to all the people you love in your life. Especially your old friend who lives far away.
- Explore a new neighborhood. Head to an area of town that you aren’t too familiar with. Walk up and down the streets, enjoy a cappuccino at the hip cafe.
- Do something nice for someone who is older than you. Send them a bouquet of roses and tell them how much you look up to them.
- Go to your favorite bar, have your go-to cocktail, and then head to the local karaoke bar. Belt out all the classic love songs with your best buddies.
- Go to a comedy show.
- Splurge on a nice piece of jewelry. You’re worth it.
So stop being annoyed at the day and go out and celebrate it for yourself! ❤️