Taxi mother body, SANTACO, says taxis will resume operations from Wednesday.
Taxi operators downed tools over the past 24 hours, demanding the incentive programme – Blue Dot Taxi – be extended.
The provincial government said it previously invested R215 Million into the programme, but no longer has sufficient funding to do so.
It then had appealed to national government to keep the project afloat, but Transport Minister, Fikile Mbalula, says his department can’t afford to fund it.
The pilot project, which was launched in May last year, comes to an end next week.
SANTACO’s Gershwin Geyer says all taxis will be available.
“SANTACO Western Cape and all its affiliated members will resume all transport operations from tomorrow [Wednesday]. We will be having a meeting [on Wednesday], where we will decide what’s the way forward with the impasse with provincial government.”