The case of the man linked to the recent attacks on Intercape buses has been postponed.
Unathi Sitsili faces one count of murder and three counts of attempted murder.
This is after an Intercape bus driver was gunned down in April 2022 and a further three drivers were shot and two wounded earlier in August.
Sitsili appeared in the Bishop Lavis Magistrates Court on Monday, following his arrest in Klapmuts over the weekend.
The National Prosecuting Authority’s Eric Ntabazalila says it will oppose bail when the time comes.
“Sitsili has been charged under Schedule 6 and the State will oppose his bail application. The accused told his legal aid lawyer that he doesn’t have previous convictions and pending cases against him. His case was postponed to next Monday 20 August for bail information”.
Meanwhile, Western Cape Community Safety MEC, Reagen Allen, says the suspect must face the full might of the law.
“It’s important that the suspect comes clean with all information to assist SAPS as they’re investigating this matter further. It’s vital that all those involved in these attacks are arrested, prosecuted and convicted. As court proceedings unfold I trust that the judge will see the severity if the matter and deny bail should it be applied for”.