The Cape Town Marathon will be going ahead this weekend, and motorists can expect several road closures.
The 42-kilometre race will see some roads on the Atlantic seaboard closed for the weekend, as well as temporary closures – both there and in several parts of the CBD, Observatory, Mowbray and surrounding areas.
Some of the roads that will be closed on the Atlantic Seaboard for the duration of the weekend include: Fritz Sonnenberg Road, between Stephan Way and McDonald’s Access Road; and Vlei Road between Fritz Sonnenberg Road Helen Suzman Boulevard.
Click here, for a comprehensive list of expected road closures.
The City of Cape Town has also compiled a list of MyCiti bus routes that will be affected by road closures.
- T01: Dunoon – Table View – Civic Centre – Waterfront
- T02: Atlantis – Table View – Civic Centre
- A01: Airport – Civic Centre
- D01: Khayelitsha East – Civic Centre
- D02: Khayelitsha West – Civic Centre
- D03: Mitchells Plain East – Civic Centre
- D04: Kapteinsklip – Mitchells Plain Town Centre – Civic Centre
- D05: Dunoon – Parklands – Table View – Civic Centre – Waterfront
- 101: Vredehoek – Gardens – Civic Centre (clockwise)
- 102: Salt River Rail – Walmer Estate – Civic Centre
- 103: Oranjezicht – Gardens – Civic Centre
- 104: Civic Centre – Waterfront – Sea Point
- 105: Sea Point – Fresnaye – Civic Centre
- 106: Camps Bay (clockwise) – Civic Centre
- 107: Camps Bay (anti-clockwise) – Civic Centre
- 108: Hangberg – Hout Bay Harbour – Sea Point – Adderley
- 109: Hout Bay Beach – Imizamo Yethu – Sea Point – Adderley
- 111: Vredehoek – Gardens – Civic Centre (anti-clockwise)
- 113: Upper Kloof Street – Adderley – Waterfront
- 114: Sea Point – Civic Centre
- 115: Sea Point – Grand Parade
- 118: Hangberg – Imizamo Yethu – Sea Point – Adderley
- 261: Century City Rail – Omuramba – Salt River – Adderley